Job Title: Technical Designer
Salary Circa: £38,532 - £48,166 DOE
Business Unit: Channels and Digital, Innovation and Change
The world is changing and so are we. Becoming a CYBG employee means embracing that, and letting your ambition drive you. You need to be all over it, connecting with our growing network of customers and staff across every level of the bank. We need staff who are naturally curious, and willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers with the support they need to succeed.
We have an exciting opportunity within the Channels and Digital area for a Solution Designer aligned to the Architecture & Design teams. The role is responsible for leading and supporting the design of strategic and innovative technical solutions to meet a variety of business and technical changes.
As a Technology Consultant within the Channels and Digital area of the bank, you will get the opportunity to shape and define the customer's experience, along with the supporting back office enterprise applications. This is working in an extremely fast paced and dynamic area of the bank as we transform our Banking platform and how we interact with our customers.
We are looking for a talented individual with the right experience who has the ability to make a difference to the department and have the potential to progress through the organisation.
This is a senior role responsible for technical Design for key projects. In general, designs will involve a wide range of technologies and business areas.
The role is all about…
- Delivering high level designs in support of strategic and architectural direction taking into account best practice and long term vision
- Ensuring that designs meet business needs and are developed and governed through the appropriate agile or traditional model
- Providing technology leadership across project teams ensuring that direction is communicated and understood
- Working closely with the Channels and Digital Architecture and Design team, the business and other IT colleagues to ensure that design options are documented and reviewed
- Working closely with third party delivery teams to ensure they have the necessary support and governance to deliver
- Considering delivery approach as part of design and shaping solutions for delivery
- Reviewing of designs produced by others
- Driving the adherence to CYB policies and standards through influence of others within design, software engineering and other roles
- Coordination of activities of other designers to support the bank's business projects
- On occasion taking responsibility for direction of detailed design resources in significant projects or programmes
- Ongoing support, direction and governance of project delivery against agreed designs and assessment of the impact of change requests on the high level design
- In addition the job holder will also make a significant leadership contribution to internal improvement initiatives to develop the overall capability of the Architecture and Design team
We need you to have…
- Proven design experience across a variety of technologies and platforms
- A good understanding of software delivery methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile etc.)
- The ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terms
- The ability to influence key technical and business stakeholders
- The ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast changing environment
- Strong collaborative skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational, time-management and communication skills
- Interest, drive and proactivity to lead improvements to the design service of the team
We would like you to have...
- Previous financial services or banking experience
- Experience of working with third party delivery partners
- A broad range of design experience - the role holder will be an experienced IT professional, typically with a degree and business/ IT post-graduate professional education, with experience of influencing at a senior level
- Exposure to different design methodologies, e.g. Agile (Kanban, Scrum)
- Exposure to Microservice and event driven architectures
- Exposure to React Framework and Web App Development and Architecture
- Exposure to Mobile App development
- Exposure to working with Java applications
- Exposure to working with a Platform As A Service (PAAS)
- Exposure to with working with cloud services
- Exposure with API's
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
Points to note: If we offer you the job, and you accept you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
We are an equal opportunity employer (in accordance with applicable legislation) and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, non disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by local legislation. All employment related decisions are made entirely on merit.