Agile Scrum Master / Feature Team Lead
Salary Circa: £38,654 - £48,317 DOE
Employment Type: Permanent
Business Unit: Innovation & Change - Channel & Digital - Business Change
The world is changing and so are we. At CYBG, being a leader is not just about being the best, it’s about bringing the best out of everyone else. This means engaging with colleagues at every level and encouraging them to meet their goals. Inclusion is at the heart of the Bank, so we need somebody with the power to grow trust and connect across all aspects of the bank. Taking on a leadership role with us does not just mean a new job, it means a whole new way of thinking about leadership. Curious about where a role at CYBG could take you?
The role is all about…
- Our product teams range in terms of their agile maturity. We're looking for an outstanding scrum master to take on at least one of our product teams and help us continuously improve our processes.
- Our teams work using Scrum or Kanban, we let them decide, and you'll be expected to facilitate the standard agile activities, sprint planning, standups, retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc, to help them deliver the best quality products we can build.
- Coach the Feature Teams in the use of Scrum. This includes coaching and supporting the Product Owners in refining the product backlog and challenging the Return On Investment of features. Support the constant grooming of the backlog to ensure stories are 'INVEST' in structure. Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimatable, Sized correctly and Testable.
- Facilitate Sprint planning, Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Drive the continuous improvement of the development pipeline to remove waste and inefficiency.
- Facilitate retrospectives on a frequent basis to identify problems and continuous improvement solutions
- Planning from pre-elaboration through production
- Working with Product Owners, Solutions Designers and the Development, Test and Implementation Teams to shape and deliver features aligned to our Digital Roadmap.
- Assisting with development of the teams technical and non-technical capability
We need you to have…
- Proven experience in working in a product-centric digital environment, guiding their teams to refine and improve their ways of working and hold qualifications in using Scrum, Kanban
- Experience working to lean principles, including helping teams build and understand MVPs.
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders at varying levels
- Experience of managing and delivering projects in an agile environment.
- Strong motivation skills to push the team to deliver.
- Facilitation skills and must have the ability to add value to the team.
- Ablity to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Supported and worked closely with a Product Owner for grooming and product backlog maintenance.
- Ability to deal with impediments.
- Experience of Agile Transformations.
- Supported the drive for Continuous Improvement.
- Pushed a team to deliver using best Agile practices.
- Agile, Scrum Master and Kanban experience and the attitude to apply and adapt these principles within CYB
We would like you to have...
- Knowledge of digital delivery practices is a big benefit e.g. Continuous Integration
- Demonstrable experience in a complex multi project delivery Financial Services environment
- Knowledge of banking operations or financial services experience
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.