Job Title: Technical Specialist
Salary circa: £36720 - £45900 DOE
Employment Type: Permanent
Business Unit: Information Security
Threat Intelligence & Consultancy Services - Analyst
The world is changing and so are we. Becoming a CYBG employee means embracing that, and letting your ambition drive you. You need to be all over it, connecting with our growing network of customers and staff across every level of the bank. We need staff who are naturally curious, and willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers with the support they need to succeed.
As a Security Consultancy Analyst you will become an integral part of a dynamic Security Consultancy Team within Information Security. You will be responsible for pro-actively protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Bank's customers, employees and corporate information from a wide range of threats. You will provide consultancy and support to ensure the security controls implemented within the Bank's Change Initiatives are effective, appropriate and in line with the Bank's risk appetite.
The role is all about…
- Analysing situations, articulating security issues and associated risks, making recommendations, influencing outcomes, decision making and ensuring successful delivery with customers and stakeholders.
- Key information security representative across multiple projects providing security input to the development of solutions, including security standards and security requirements.
- Providing Information Security consultancy across multiple technical disciplines.
- Assessing security control gaps in technical design documentation and providing input into the development of solutions.
- Producing security risk assessments, translating technical content into Business-friendly language.
- Providing Information Security guidance and support to both technical teams and non-technical Business customers.
- Supporting multiple projects/initiatives from inception to implementation.
- Driving Information Security requirements throughout project lifecycle ensuring that security requirements are defined, assessed, tested and implemented.
- Developing and maintaining awareness of new security technologies, legislation, standards, new security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Providing security advice and guidance to customers and stakeholders, ensuring that security standards are understood and complied with.
- Managing own workload, ensuring work is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality.
We need you to have…
- Good communication and influencing skills, with an ability to manage internal and external relationships with all levels of stakeholder management.
- Ability to communicate/collaborate with Senior Stakeholders, Technical Designers, application developers and support specialists.
- Experience in IT, IT Security or equivalent areas.
- A strong technical understanding of emerging threats aimed at financial institutions and different channels associated with this such as digital advancements.
- A sound knowledge and application of IT Security principles, including regulatory, legislative and industry practices gained through practical experience and / or professional qualifications.
- A proven track record in analysing situations, articulating security issues and associated risks, making recommendations, influencing outcomes, decision making and ensuring successful delivery.
We would like you to have...
- Previous experience in a Financial Industry Information Security function.
- Professional Information Security Qualification - e.g. CISSP, CISM, CEH, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CSA, CompTIA CASP etc.
- Experience of working within an agile project development environment.
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 25 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong, and where all colleagues are entitled to; be treated with dignity and respect and feel a valuable part of our business; a positive workplace completely free from bullying, harassment, victimisation or discrimination and be valued for their skills and abilities.
So to achieve this, we seek applications from people whose background, culture, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our existing team.