Role Cluster: Technology Manager
Salary Circa: £48,220 - £60,275 DOE
Employment Type: Permanent
The world is changing and so are we. At CYBG, being a leader is not just about being the best, it’s about bringing the best out of everyone else. This means engaging with colleagues at every level and encouraging them to meet their goals. Inclusion is at the heart of the Bank, so we need somebody with the power to grow trust and connect across all aspects of the bank. Taking on a leadership role with us does not just mean a new job, it means a whole new way of thinking about leadership. Curious about where a role at CYBG could take you?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Delivery Manager who will manage, support and coach a team of Senior Project Managers, Project Managers and Project Analysts, responsible for the delivery of projects.
The role of Delivery Manager will be responsible for the oversight of Programme Finances and will ensure that Projects remain aligned to Business goals and Strategies, and that all key stakeholders are fully engaged to achieve the right outcomes for the Bank.
Continuous improvement and quality will be key focus areas. The expectation is that the role holder will work collaboratively with key stakeholders to identify better ways of doing things, simplify process and demonstrate quality in what is delivered.
The Delivery Manager will apply their experience of people management, project management disciplines, including project/programme planning, risk/issue/ budget and resource management, decision making skills and will have a clear focus on delivery.
They will also be expected to identify and contribute to business unit wide initiatives to improve the processes and methodologies used within IT Services and support organisational change.
The role is all about…
• Engaging, connecting and representing the needs of our internal business customers, stakeholders and senior managers throughout the project lifecycle from idea to implementation and benefit realisation.
• Demonstrating and applying your experience of project management disciplines, including project / programme planning, risk / issue / budget and resource management, decision making skills; with an exceptional focus on delivery.
• Delivering Programmes of Infrastructure projects.
• Ensuring Project Managers are leading and coordinating teams of diverse technical and non-technical resources across multiple geographic sites and engaging effectively with external 3rd party service providers.
• Identifying key resources and managing senior internal and external stakeholders to ensure project / programme objectives are delivered.
• Demonstrating personal flexibility and encouraging flexibility by other team members in pursuit of achieving project objectives on schedule, on budget and to the required standards.
• Taking accountability, assessing situations and making critical decisions when faced with complex demands and issues that can, and will, arise throughout the project lifecycle.
• Liaison with IT suppliers with regards to plan deliverables and problem resolution.
• Adding value to Infrastructure Delivery Management and the wider Project Management community through effective participation in formal and informal team or departmental activities.
We need you to have…
• Proven track record and significant experience of managing and leading a team to deliver high quality outcomes
• Prove track record of managing teams performance and delivery, including addressing of any performance or behaviour concerns with the team, while recognising high performance.
• Proven track record of managing, supporting and coaching a team to become a high performing team
• Demonstrable experience in a complex project delivery environment.
• Highly articulate with exceptional communications and inter-personal skills.
• Proven leadership, influencing and decision making skills.
• Proven stakeholder management skills, including face-to-face communications and the creation of Management Information material.
• Experience of managing projects with business and technology deliverables and / or changes involving external 3rd party providers.
• Strong personal sense of accountability.
We would like you to have...
• Project management qualifications or training.
• Good understanding of the Financial sector - sound business acumen and judgment; ability to see and communicate technology challenges in business terms; ability to understand and deliver business value.
• Exposure to multiple development methodologies and infrastructure projects including Agile and Waterfall.
• Ability to interpret stated business and technology strategic aims and effectively translate this into tangible project outcomes.
• Tertiary Education in a technical/IT discipline.
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.