Job no: 010987
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Scotland - Central Scotland
Job Title: Technical Designer
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Salary circa: £38,532 - £48,166 DOE
The world is changing and so are we. Becoming a CYBG employee means embracing that, and letting your ambition drive you. You need to be all over it, connecting with our growing network of customers and staff across every level of the bank. We need staff who are naturally curious, and willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers with the support they need to succeed.
An opportunity has arisen to join an expanding Big Data team within the Data & Decisioning team of Clydesdale Bank.
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks making use of Big Data technologies to investigate data sources, perform deep dives to extract key insights and present findings to different areas within the bank.
Working within the Data & Decisioning team, the successful candidate will join together data from multiple varied sources, such as sales, marketing, website logs, app generated logs and data warehouse sources to provide insights and drive capability within the bank.
We need you to have...
• Experience of SQL (Oracle, MySQL, HiveQL etc.) together with an understanding of how relational database systems work
• Experience using R or Python for data analysis and a working knowledge of data manipulation tools within either language (dplyr, pandas etc.)
• Understanding of Data manipulation , cleansing and data mining techniques
• Understanding of Big Data technologies and methodologies (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, HIVE etc.)
• Excellent presentation skills, including Data Visualisation, oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of statistical analysis methodologies, with experience of applying Machine Learning techniques
• Excellent problem solving skills
We would like you to have...
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence principles such as data modelling, dimensional/relational database structures
• Data visualisation and dashboard creation using tools such as Shiny, Bokeh, etc
• Experience of Spark interfaces to R/Python (SparkR/Sparklyr, PySpark etc.)
• Other programming languages such as Java, Scala etc
• Experience within the Financial Services Industry
• Experience working within Agile projects
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend