Job no: 011044
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Scotland - Central Scotland
Job Title: Technology Consultant
Employment Type: Permanent
Business Unit: Banking, Payments & Testing
Salary Circa: £55,728 - £69,660 DOE
The world is changing and so are we. At CYBG, being a leader is not just about being the best, it’s about bringing the best out of everyone else. This means engaging with colleagues at every level and encouraging them to meet their goals. Inclusion is at the heart of the Bank, so we need somebody with the power to grow trust and connect across all aspects of the bank. Taking on a leadership role with us does not just mean a new job, it means a whole new way of thinking about leadership. Curious about where a role at CYBG could take you?
This is a senior role involving the technical solution design for key projects and it will include the oversight and support of work carried out by other Solutions Design staff. Designs will involve a wide range of technologies and banking business knowledge.
The role is all about…
• Influencing and working closely with Business and Technology colleagues to ensure that design options are effectively evaluated and robust recommendations made
• Leadership and coordination of activities of others within the Solutions Design team to support the bank's business projects
• Mentoring and coaching junior staff
• Working with and providing technical leadership and expertise to delivery teams, partners and third parties
• Development of Solution Plans - working collaboratively with colleagues in the delivery team to give a high-level view of what will be delivered and how the team plans to deliver it
• Ongoing governance of project delivery against agreed designs and assessment of the impact of change requests on the high-level design
• Running of design forums which may involve detailed design resources in significant projects or programmes
• Application of Data Management principles across all designs produced including creation/maintenance of the relevant artefacts
• Significant involvement in the technical communities of interest - inputting where appropriate to policies and standards and supporting the adherence to Clydesdale Bank policies and standards through influence of others within both design, software engineering and other roles
• Provision of Solution Design estimates for input to Business Cases
• In addition, the job holder will also play a significant role in internal improvement initiatives to develop the overall capability of the Solutions Design competency
We need you to have…
• Proven experience and expertise in lead technical design roles
• Significant experience of a wide range of technologies
• Comprehensive understanding of the project life-cycle (waterfall and agile)
• Expertise in design governance
• Ability to work with both Business and Technology stakeholders to build personal credibility in shaping of solutions to business problems
• Support planning - help drive the scope and delivery shape and schedule as well as the design
• Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage and resolve design risks and issues
• Ability to work (influence when necessary) successfully with others in the Solution Design competency, Enterprise Architects, as well as other designers within your delivery team and Business Analysts to ensure that designs adhere to agreed principles, policies and roadmaps, whilst meeting business requirements
• Ideally, experience of financial services and some domain knowledge of banking businesses such as Payments (Swift, CHAPS, FPS), ATM, POS, Credit Cards, Debit Cards and Fraud
We would like you to have...
• A broad range of design experience - the role holder will be an experienced IT professional, typically with a degree and business/ IT post-graduate professional education, with experience of influencing at a senior level.
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices that are right for you.
• 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
• Private Medical Insurance
• Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
• Income Protection and Life Assurance
• Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend