MEDIA RELATIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Job no: 011288
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: England - London
Job Title: Media Relations and Social Media Manager
Business Unit: Innovation and Marketing
Basic Salary: Up to £50,000 plus London allowance
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
The world is changing and so are we. Becoming a CYBG employee means embracing that, and letting your ambition drive you. You need to be all over it, connecting with our growing network of customers and staff across every level of the bank. We need staff who are naturally curious, and willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers with the support they need to succeed.
The Media Relations and Social Media Manager is responsible for driving the consumer media relations programme and for managing the social media community and outreach for CYBG’s consumer brands in the UK. Reporting to the the Head of Consumer Communications this role is predominantly focused on building awareness of our consumer brands - with a particular focus on B as a national consumer brand for the Bank. You will be responsible for proactively keeping updated on media affairs as they relate to the Bank.
You will provide senior trusted advice and counsel; responsible for defence and media response on a wide-range of key consumer issues where the Bank can comment and engage with UK consumers. This is an exciting and fast paced role as you will be responsible for the management of areas frequently of interest across all key stakeholder groups from the media to influencers as well as charities and organisations we support through our Corporate Social Responsibility. You will also be expected to support CYBG’s SME clients through creation of content and media stories that will position CYBG as an ideal Bank for SME’s in the UK.
The Media Relations and Social Media Manager role is about…
- Growing a network of senior media contacts and social media influencers to build up the CYBG consumer brands
- Preparing briefings and reports, in conjunction with Head of Consumer Communications to CYBG Leadership Team and UK Board on media matters.
- The primary point of contact for UK media outlets, and is responsible for responding to information requests from media officials.
- Managing the daily relationship with CYBG’s consumer PR and social media agencies
- Accountable for leading a concerted drive to build London-based national media relationships in particular and maintain positive brand cut-through.
- Developing the social media presence of CYBG brands and for integrating consumer PR campaigns with social media.
- Creating engaging content for deployment across CYBG’s social media channels
- Community management of CYBG’s consumer social media channels
It’s essential you have…
- A proven and successful track record of dealing with UK media outlets within a communications role;
- In depth experience of Digital communications – especially social media content creation and channel management
- The ability to create exceptional Consumer campaigns
- Experience managing agencies
- Significant experience of communicating and working with senior management and senior executives.
We would like you to have…
- A degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience working in media relations
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend