Job Title: Regulatory Specialist
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary Circa: £33,801 - £42,252 DOE
In a fast paced and increasingly digital environment, you will have a Customer focused approach and will provide advice, guidance and challenge which is grounded in the achievement of fair Customer outcomes as well as simple and effective Customer experiences.
Reporting to a Senior Manager in the Regulatory Policy & Conduct Team, you will be responsible for providing oversight, challenge and guidance in relation to regulatory and strategic change initiatives which could affect our Customers, as well as providing support on business as usual activities including changes to Customer documentation and processes, provision of regulatory insights and interpretation of regulatory change.
This role is about…
• Reviewing, challenging, providing guidance and, where appropriate, approving financial promotions.
• Conducting regular analysis and review of relevant MI with a view to challenging business units on the status and quality of the MI, actions being taken to mitigate customer detriment and ascertaining any gaps in the understanding of the business with regard to the identification and management of conduct risks
• Attending and contributing to project and business committees and forums as required;
• Gaining business knowledge of CYB in particular and build deep knowledge of assigned areas in order to develop a view of their business landscape.
•Identifying, building and maintaining relationships between Regulatory & Compliance Risk and business stakeholders to assist in the development of Regulatory & Compliance Risk's profile and to effectively carry out 2nd line challenge.
• Role modelling CYBG Values and Behaviours ensuring all tasks are completed to recognised and expected standards;
• Keeping abreast of industry best practice developments and have working knowledge of the FCA Handbook and other relevant regulation and regulatory developments (where appropriate) that influence the Bank's operating environment including PSD2, CONC, MCOBs, ICOBs, BCOBs, Lending Code.
• Conducting regular analysis of the agreed KPIs; reviewing the outcomes, identifying and overseeing appropriate remedial actions.
• Assessing whether key conduct risks and obligations are understood and acted on by first line management including those specifically covered in the FCA's Business Plan or equivalent publications.
• Assisting the Senior Manager in determining whether senior management has instilled a culture within the Bank whereby colleagues understand what the 'fair treatment of customers' means in practice, and where the Bank promptly identifies errors, puts things right and learns from errors;
• Providing expertise and input to the team and wider Regulatory & Compliance Risk function.
We need you to have…
• Evidence of delivering a high standard of written and verbal communications.
• Ability to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Proven analytical skills in reviewing information and identifying key business impacts;
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory environment and applicable regulations, codes and compliance requirements.
We would like you to have…
• Knowledge of the Regulatory environment to facilitate identification, interpretation, direction setting and oversight of compliance with related policies and standards;
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
• 25-30 days holiday plus you can buy more
• Private Medical Insurance
• Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
• Income Protection and Life Assurance
• Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.