SENIOR DIRECTOR HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE, NORTH ENGLAND
Job no: 013935
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: England - North East, England - North West, UK
Categories: Business Banking, Specialized Business
SENIOR DIRECTOR HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE
Salary £Highly Competitive, plus car allowance and benefits package
Permanent Full Time
Location: North England
The world is changing and so are we. That is why we are a home for the courageous. We reward those who push themselves, but we know you would do it anyway. You are naturally curious, ambitious, and brave. You want to do big things, and we have the roles to make that happen.
Exciting opportunities exist within our Commercial and Corporate & Structured Finance teams. This is the part of Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank franchises that focuses on SME business customers throughout the UK. Our customers range from small and complex high-growth businesses, through larger SMEs to those that have already grown to become the backbone of the UK economy.
If you're passionate about playing a key role in helping support SME’s and mid-market businesses in the sector with their growth aspirations, whilst playing an important part in the continued growth of one of the largest challenger bank franchises in the UK and a credible alternative to the big UK banks across the SME segment, then please read on.
We are looking for ambitious and dynamic people, who are ready to make a real difference to a successful and expanding team to drive new business opportunities and support the accelerated growth of our SME customer base. Providing a truly complete service, the Senior Director, Health & Social Care will cater for our customers’ and prospects’ every banking need. Our team has a successful, award winning record of lending to SMEs in the Health & Social Care sector. In return, we’ll encourage and reward you, helping you deliver first class customer service, while building a successful career. The role is far-reaching and will allow the role holder to obtain considerable profile both externally and internally within the business.
This role is about…
- Driving the development and implementation of the Business Development strategy, within agreed sector risk appetite, across the Region including achievement of business development targets as part of our accelerated growth agenda. This will be delivered in close conjunction with the National Head of Business Development together with the National Head of Health & Social Care Sector and the local Commercial and Corporate & Structured Finance Banking teams
- Sourcing and on-boarding high quality customers while strengthening the brand visibility in the local and national Health & Social Care market place
- Generating and optimising income and Return on Equity (ROE)
- Networking effectively with key players in the sector to establish CYBG’s reputation as a foremost bank providing appropriate and innovative funding solutions in this area
- Using your expertise and professionalism to differentiate CYBG from our competitors and generate sustainable and attractive returns in line with CYBG’s overall business lending strategy.
We need you to have….
- Strong knowledge of – and obvious passion for – the Health & Social Care sector, notably Aged Care and Specialist Care
- Proven access/experience of dealing with larger professionals and advisory firms
- Good understanding of (and preferably experience in) lending to the sector
- Significant experience in striving for excellence, seeking innovative solutions, and creating a best practice service environment that drives customer orientated solutions
- Experience in the analysis techniques appropriate to SME lending
- Knowledge of (preferably experience of) Business Banking networks and stakeholders, systems and work processes particularly credit processes
- A track record of building relationships and networks in the sector, whether with customers, suppliers, advisers and other professionals
- Significant knowledge and experience of sales management techniques for maximising income, pipeline management and account planning
- Excellent team player who collaborates to add value and make a difference
- Experience in financial services including Business Banking.
We would like you to have….
- A relevant industry or vocational financial services qualification
- A tertiary qualification in a business discipline. Further qualifications are desirable, but not mandatory
- Knowledge and understanding of selling to the Health & Social Care segment, recognising that cashflow and asset backed lending are not mutually exclusive, in line with the requirements of the role
- A passion for – and good knowledge of – supporting SME businesses
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills to influence and support decision making and getting things done - right first time - for the customer.
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend