Job no: 014512
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Scotland - Central Scotland
Permanent Full Time
Glasgow City Centre
The world is changing and so are we. Becoming a CYBG employee means embracing that, and letting your ambition drive you. You need to be all over it, connecting with our growing network of customers and staff across every level of the bank. We need staff who are naturally curious, and willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers with the support they need to succeed.
This role is about…
- Contributing domain expertise to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business problems. This includes scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit and integration testing, UAT and production deployment.
- Developing and demonstrating an in-depth working knowledge of Java Architecture and all Java design and implementation features.
- Ensuring delivered solutions are realized in committed time frames.
- Working closely with project management and senior developers to deliver quality components.
- Assisting in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation, as appropriate.
- Contributing to technical Proof-of-Concept initiatives.
We need you to have…
- Strong OO Java background in developing enterprise solutions (Financial Services experience would be preferred)
- Excellent communication, engagement and influencing skills
- Practical experience in Agile development, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Java EE and SE (to at least 6 and preferably 7 or 8)
- RESTful Micro Services with xml and JSON
- HTML5, CSS3, JSP
- Websphere / Liberty
- SQL and stored procedure development using Oracle or similar
- Eclipse, Idea, Gradle, Jenkins, Spring, GIT
- Test Driven Development
We would like you to have...
- ReactJS or AngularJS
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Elastic Search
- Spring Boot, Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Zuul
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 25 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend