Senior Technical Specialist
Job no: 014813
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Scotland - Central Scotland
Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist
Salary: £38,532 - £48,166 DOE
Employment Type: Permanent
Business Unit: Banking, Payments and Testing
Senior Technical Specialist, ATM & Cards team, Banking, Banking, Payments and Testing
We have an exciting opportunity within the ATM Cards team for a Senior Technical Specialist. The role will be responsible for ensuring the services we receive from our outsource partners in this space continue to be of high standard and technically evolve to meet the growing business demand due to the fast changing external landscape in the payments and cards domain.
We are looking for a talented individual with the right experience who has the ability to make a difference to the department and have the potential to progress through the organisation.
The role is all about…
- Providing industry expertise of Credit Cards, Debit Cards and ATMs to influence business and outsourced partners.
- Being responsible for technical changes within ATM, Debit & Credit Card applications from an end to end perspective across the full project lifecycle
- Being responsible for liaison between Technology and 3rd parties for issues with the release testing
- Reviewing 3rd party documentation to ensure the technical solution meeting CYB business/strategic requirements and identify any impact to CYB systems for releases
- Working closely with business and Technology colleagues to ensure that design options are effectively evaluated and robust recommendations made
- Liaison with other technical teams re changes required to systems for the releases
- Being the point of contact for other technical teams with CYB on the end to end processes for ATM, Debit and Credit Cards.
- Creating & maintaining required level of solution documentation for the Debit, credit an ATM services
- Understanding of ATM and Cards processes and systems to enable involvement in any incidents
- Management of issues and live incidents including stakeholder engagement
- Learning and understanding the debit and credit cards technical landscape in order to ensure successful delivery of change programmes
- Contribution to internal improvement initiatives and helping to drive Core Products strategy
We need you to have…
- Experience in banking or financial payments processing experience gained with a card provider, card supplier, software vendor, card issuing bank or transaction processor
- Technical knowledge of chip manufacturer and Mastercard EMV specifications.
- Technology Consulting experience in payments industry with demonstrable understanding of Payments (Cards, accounts, wallets)
- Card issuing understanding and implementation experience
- Knowledge and experience of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards, PCI DSS
- Knowledge of CPV/VPA submissions configuration and implementations.
- Experience of working with and managing outsourced suppliers / strategic partners
- Familiarity with technical incident management processes and resolution
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to manage multiple priorities in an external customer impacting environment
- Strong analysis, problem solving and ability to respond effectively with limited information
- Able to travel to other locations from time to time
We would like you to have...
- Whilst industry expertise of cards and ATMs is a pre-requisite – domain specialism in at least one area (credit, debit) is highly desirable
- Experience in working with 3rd parties
- Mobile, tokenization, Cryptography and key management an advantage though not a necessity
- PSD2, UK Open Banking and a solid technical understanding of APIs.
- Expertise in NDC messaging and state flow
- Knowledge in ISO 8583 transaction messages
- Experience on Switch Operations such as Base24, IST, Postillion
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend