Job no: 015413
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Scotland - Central Scotland
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Business Unit: IT Services
Job Title: Technical Specialist
Salary Circa: £36,720 - £45,900 DOE
Employment Type: Permanent
The world is changing and so are we. Becoming a CYBG employee means embracing that, and letting your ambition drive you. You need to be all over it, connecting with our growing network of customers and staff across every level of the bank. We need staff who are naturally curious, and willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers with the support they need to succeed.
Working in the Platform Engineering team, the role holder is primarily responsible for providing support for the banks critical tools administration services and will require technical expertise of the Atlassian toolset (Jira / Confluence / Hipchat / BitBucket).
The successful candidate will also cross train in other technical areas of software delivery lifecycle tooling to provide support in various enterprise tools, including but not limited to RTC, GitHub, Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code and SonarQube.
The role is about...
- Responsible for effective delivery, maintenance and management of the enterprise tools within the Bank
- This role plays a part in supporting the Bank's vision to consolidate existing tools onto a strategic toolset whilst on-boarding other key config/release tools; supporting and driving forward the strategic goals of the Innovation & Change department
- Set up custom projects/spaces for JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket for all users in various portfolios properly configured according to the team's work and process. Create JIRA workflows (with conditions, validators, and post functions), custom fields, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes
- Create automation scripts to reduce manual effort in managing the Atlassian toolset
- Manage and configure permissions on the space/page level and project/repository level for Confluence and Bitbucket, respectively
- Troubleshoot/determine root causes of issues, both application-related and server-related, and work closely with the wider team to plan and execute resolutions
- Create complex JQL (advanced search in JIRA) queries for dashboards and Scrum/Kanban boards. Provide regular updates to management team to ensure appropriate exposure of issues and challenges
- Promote adoption and best practices among the system user community and conduct user-training and help-sessions for new features or implementations
We need you to have...
- Thorough knowledge of administering, automating and customising Atlassian suite
- Ability to construct complex JQL queries
- Basic knowledge of navigating in Linux environment
- Database knowledge (Oracle, MySQL) preferred
- Atlassian JIRA and/or Confluence certification(s) or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience
- Customer Service driven mindset with strong relationship building skills
- Ability to plan and develop solutions which incorporate both current and future needs
- Experience working and communicating with cross functional teams, both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional communication & teamwork skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
We would like you to have...
- Knowledge of other tools like RTC, GitHub, Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code, SonarQube etc
- Experience of Process Improvements and Lean Methodology
- Experience working in multidisciplinary agile teams
We will look after you with...
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices that are right for you.
- 25 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend