Risk Specialist, Credit Models Credit Risk, Permanent, Glasgow
Job no: 015452
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Scotland - Central Scotland
Categories: Regulatory Compliance & Risk Management
Job Title: Risk Specialist 2
Business Unit: Credit Models, Credit Risk
Salary Circa: £33,801 - £42,252 DOE
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
The world is changing and so are we. That is why we are a home for the courageous. We reward those who push themselves, but we know you would do it anyway. You are naturally curious, ambitious and brave. You want to do big things and we have the roles to make that happen.
The Credit Modelling team is an integral part of the business, responsible for managing model based risk management solutions. This multi-faceted area helps control the Bank's exposure to bad and doubtful debt, and manage its capital under IRB regulation on its Non Retail Credit portfolios. Based in Glasgow and reporting to a Senior Modelling Manager, the Risk Specialist is primarily responsible for the management of model development projects and for providing technical support and line management to a team of credit risk analysts.
The role is about...
- Management of complex model development projects and analysis; providing input into the scoping, design, development, validation and implementation of credit risk models, in line with Bank standards and regulatory compliance requirements
- Undertake monthly model performance monitoring and annual reviews, providing insight and recommendations to senior management
- Manage a team of credit risk analysts, prioritising tasks and developing technical capabilities
- Writing and overview of model documentation and recommendation papers
- Gain support for model changes from key stakeholders both within and external to Credit
- Deputise for the Senior Modelling Manager
It's essential you have...
- Strong analytical skills with a good degree in a numerate discipline subject (e.g. maths, statistics, economics etc)
- Expertise in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS)
- Significant experience in the development of credit risk models
- Proven ability to deliver accurate and insightful analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and have the ability to convey key messages using written and verbal media
- Understanding of model usage and credit strategies
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend