Job Title: Technical Lead - Retail Credit Financial Modelling
Business Unit: Credit Models, Retail Risk
Salary - £35,492 to £44,365
Permanent Full Time
The world is changing and so are we. Becoming a CYBG employee means embracing that, and letting your ambition drive you. You need to be all over it, connecting with our growing network of customers and staff across every level of the bank. We need staff who are naturally curious, and willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers with the support they need to succeed.
We are looking for an engaged and motivated individual in the Retail Credit Financial Modelling team based in Leeds. This is a fantastic opportunity for career progression, offering the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to broaden out, build knowledge and experience at an exciting time for the profession.
The Retail Credit Financial Modelling team is an integral part of the business, responsible for return on equity and portfolio forecasting models. This multi-faceted area helps control the Bank's exposure to bad and doubtful debt, and manage its capital under Advanced IRB regulation on its Retail Credit portfolio; inclusive of Mortgages, Personal Loans, Credit Cards and Money Transmission accounts
The role is all about…
Based in Leeds, the Technical Lead is primarily responsible for utilising financial models to provide steer to senior stakeholders on the direction of the retail propositions and portfolios whilst identifying potential areas for growth. This ensures that the bank grows in line with risk appetite and within regulatory guidelines. Specifically this includes:
· Coordinating with Portfolio Management, Retail Credit Models, Centralised Credit Models to understand portfolio movements and changes to models
· Forecasting regulatory capital requirements and IFRS 9 provisions for financial plans and insight
· Working closely with Products, Customer Value, and other areas of Retail Risk to ensure that propositions are priced appropriately with regards to risk and return
· Understanding, developing, and enhancing financial model calculation engines across multiple portfolios
· Writing first class recommendation papers for governance committees
· Presenting output to key stakeholders both within and external to Risk
· Participating in and facilitating networks internally and across the wider Bank
It’s essential you have…
· Experience in credit risk management, ideally in an IRB environment
· Expertise in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS) as well as MS Office
· A numerate degree or equivalent technical experience
· Excellent communication, listening and writing skills. An ability to listen, understand and respond professionally
· Ability to overcome obstacles, be accountable and use your initiative to do the right thing
· Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy, ensuring you always get the basics right
· Sound decision making and critical thinking
We would like you to have…
· Ability to use persuasive arguments to influence key stakeholders
· Coaching/mentoring experience
· Knowledge of the Basel III Capital Requirements Regulation
We'll look after you with…
U Benefits is our rewards package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices that are right for you.
· 30 days holiday plus you can buy more
· Private Medical Insurance
· Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
· Income Protection and Life Assurance
· Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written in to our values. As part of our inclusion strategy we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.