Full Stack Engineer, Platform Engineering Team, Glasgow City Centre
Salary up to £50,000 DOE plus 34 days holiday per annum and superb benefits
Permanent Full Time
Are you an experienced Full Stack Engineer who is ready for their next challenge, in a forward thinking and fact paced environment?
Are you someone who is ''all over it’’ and passionate about connecting with a growing network of customers and colleagues across all levels?
It’s safe to say there’s lots going on in CYBG at the moment and we’re on the look-out for talented individuals to help us on our journey. Our Integration Programme is well underway which is creating new and exciting opportunities throughout the bank – in case you haven’t heard, we are merging with Virgin Money!
We are looking for new colleagues who are naturally curious, and willing to provide our customers with the support they need to succeed. If that’s you, please keep reading!
Due to an ambitious growth strategy we have some phenomenal opportunities to join our Platform Engineering team, which is part of IT Services located in Granite House, Glasgow and Symington House, Clydebank. As Full Stack Engineer within Platform Engineering you will work closely with IT Services colleagues and external 3rd party suppliers. You will also have the chance to work collaboratively with other teams to help deliver the Bank's development frameworks, platform tooling and automation capabilities for both business and operational process requirements.
The Platform Engineering team are developing and maintaining a modern development and release platform (Operational Platform), that is used to deliver and operate the Bank's applications using a mixture of inhouse and industry leading products.
The role is about..
- Developing, scaling and operating the Bank's Operational Platform.
- Analysis of the Operational Platform's time series data and modelling future breaking points and resource failures.
- Providing technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of problems and issues, including finding alternative solutions or escalation.
- Working closely with others to highlight and mitigate platform risks and issues.
- Collaborating with internal and external parties to provide excellent customer service.
- Engineering systems and processes to be secure, efficient and resilient.
We need you to have...
- A proven and successful track record of using data modelling techniques to predict future platform risks and issues.
- Technical expertise with the ability to own diagnose and resolve platforms issues
- In depth experience of developing and integrating toolsets for the collection and storage of time series data.
- Experience of Red Hat's Enterprise Linux.
- Experience of enterprise or open source monitoring and capacity tooling (e.g, Icinga, - Nagios, BMC's TSCO, Elastic Stack, Influx).
- Experience working in multidisciplinary agile teams.
- A positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills to influence and drive change.
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 25 days, plus 9 public holidays AND you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.