RWA Forecasting Specialist, Glasgow City Centre
Salary Circa: £44,365 DOE, plus 39 days holiday per annum
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Do you have an insatiable curiosity to understand the Risk Weighted Asset (RWA) drivers, a straight up approach to working with key stakeholder to grow value and the desire for some smart disruption to deliver improvements, if so, please keep reading.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Risk, Data and Reporting team based in Glasgow. As we mature as an IRB Bank it is critical we can robustly forecast Non-Retail Risk Weighted Assets (RWAs) and Expected Losses (ELs). This role will be key in co-ordinating a forward-looking view of the drivers of Non-Retail RWAs (actuals, recent trends, model changes, portfolio changes, environmental changes, regulatory changes, etc.) to provide a forecast for review. The role will also support co-ordination of RWA and EL forecasts from other areas to produce a consolidated Group view for review.
Reporting to the Manager, Credit Stress Testing, you will liaise and support across the Data & Reporting team on Non-Retail RWA reporting and analysis, leverage Credit Stress Test forecast capability, consider insights from the Credit Analytics team and co-ordinate the Non-Retail RWA and EL forecasting. In this exciting role you, will also support the engagement with the Business and Retail risk teams and broader business stakeholders such as Finance and Group Business Banking to capture inputs to the forecast and review draft forecasts.
If you are a pro-active self-starter that has knowledge of Non-Retail Credit RWAs, their composition and drivers this role is perfect for you...
The role is all about…
Based in Glasgow, the role is primarily responsible for providing input to senior stakeholders on Non-Retail RWA actuals and forecasts along with collating the consolidated Group RWA forecast position. This is to ensure that the bank grows in line with risk appetite and within regulatory guidelines. Specifically, this includes:
- Coordinating across Credit Stress Testing, RWA reporting, Credit Models, Credit Analytics, Finance and Business Banking to understand portfolio RWA and EL movements and the drivers
- Use this knowledge and stakeholder input to forecast RWA and EL for financial plans and insight, leveraging the Credit Stress Testing forward looking capability where appropriate
- Working closely with Finance, Retail Risk and Virgin Money colleagues to collate a consolidated Group RWA and EL forecast
- Work with colleagues in the Credit Stress Testing team to understand, develop and enhance the credit stress testing calculation engine and its ability to inform RWA forecasts
- Writing first class recommendation papers for senior management and governance committees
- Presenting output to key stakeholders both within and external to Risk
- Participating in and facilitating networks internally and across the wider Bank.
It’s essential you have…
- Experience in credit risk management, ideally in a Non-Retail IRB environment
- Expertise in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g., SAS) as well as MS Office
- A numerate degree or equivalent technical experience
- Excellent communication, listening and writing skills. An ability to listen, understand and respond professionally
- Ability to overcome obstacles, be accountable and use your initiative to do the right thing
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy, ensuring you always get the basics right
- Sound decision making and critical thinking
We would like you to have…
- Ability to use persuasive arguments to influence key stakeholders
- Coaching/mentoring experience
- Knowledge of the Basel III Capital Requirements Regulation
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus 9 holidays AND you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.