Job Title: Pega PRPC Developer
Team: Channel & Digital - Process Automation and Content
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Salary £28,800 to £36,000 DOE plus 34 days holiday per annum AND benefits
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Do you want to be part of a dynamic profession and friendly team?
Are you a Pega PRPC Developer who is looking for a new challenge, if you are you insatiably curious we have the perfect the job for you!
In case you haven’t heard, CYBG is merging with Virgin Money, so there is LOADS of exciting projects for you to get involved in. Our Channels & Digital team have a HUGE project portfolio including Digital, Payments and data related projects – this is an amazing opportunity to add to your skill set.
We're looking for innovative people capable of working closely with key business areas, multiple internal stakeholders and third-party suppliers within the process automation delivery function. In this exciting role you will be responsible for the delivery of a range of complex specialist IT services in PRPC. You will also have the chance to design elements of the system as well as maintenance activities and all the other aspects of project lifecycle work.
The Developer role is about...
- Development of Business use cases for several new and existing applications
- Provision of support and maintenance activities for existing applications, includes development of small fixes/releases.
- Evaluate PRPC system requirements and specifications and estimate work content, thereby contributing to the development of project plans.
- Develop and agree with customers formal systems specs, developing formal project implementation plans
- Participation in the support team activities - providing maintenance fixes to existing applications, participating in knowledge transfer activities for new applications
- Regular maintenance/update of third party systems in support of business areas
- Deliver specific team tasks, including analysis, design and software development contributing directly to team delivery.
- Definition of test plans with testers and users, and test with own and user data.
- Ensure pre and post implementation activities are identified, planned and executed.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of best practice initiatives within the specialist area of activity or IT in general and an awareness of Global developments / practices.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in accordance with agreed company standards and procedures.
- Out of hours work may be required on occasion to provide support for either planned upgrades or unplanned problem resolution
We need you to have…
- A sound technical base, PRPC or Java skills required
- Experience developing and delivering projects using iterative software development lifecycles over multiple releases.
- Previous experience of working successfully in a project team, with strong communication skills,
- Motivated, takes accountability, inspires confidence.
- Indicative experience in IT applications and have demonstrated high level technical capabilities.
We would like you to have...
- Pega PRPC SA Certified - training will be provided.
- Previous experience as a SA on large scale PRPC implementations.
- Financial Services industry experience
- Degree - 2:1. Degree should be technical in nature, with working knowledge of Java
The above skills and experience are preferred but not essential. We are open to receiving applications that have either entry level experience or professional level experience.
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 25 days holiday plus 9 public holidays AND you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong and our recruitment process reflects this approach.