Job Title: Relationship Manager (Deposit Focus)
Business Unit: Business Banking
Location: England – Based from one of our key locations
Up to £62,736 DOE, plus car allowance
Contract Type: Permanent
Exciting opportunities exists within the Clydesdale Bank team right now, to join a team of dedicated deposit RMs, working across the UK, to grow our market share in some attractive sectors and simultaneously enhance the stability and shape of the Medium Business liabilities portfolio. If you're passionate about playing a key role in helping support SME’s and mid-market businesses with their deposit strategies and growth aspirations, whilst playing an important part in the continued growth of one of the largest challenger bank franchises in the UK and a credible alternative to the big UK banks across the SME segment, then please read on.
Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank franchises focus on SME business customers throughout the UK. Our customers range from small and complex high-growth businesses, through larger SMEs to those that have already grown to become the backbone of the UK economy.
Our deposit focus will be targeted on some selected sectors, where we perceive there exists a significant opportunity for substantial growth of market share and where we believe a dedicated approach demonstrating superior deposit product knowledge, flexibility of pricing and strong relationship skills will attract a very positive market reaction. Therefore, we are looking for an ambitious, motivated individual with the proven ability to advise, assist and help drive new business opportunities as well as to support key existing customer relationships.
We are seeking candidates who, as part of a national team of deposit RMs, will take responsibility for proactively driving and implementing a business development strategy to provide distinctive deposit solutions to customers within defined sectors. The role holder should also be able to identify emerging sub-sectors and niches within the market which may be appropriate for the development of specific propositions. The role holder will continually assess if their portfolio is maximising return / reward and actions taken to address, A key aspect of the role will be to provide guidance and coaching to others in the Commercial and CSF teams to support broader development of the deposit taking awareness and skills across the UK.
This role is about…
- Driving the implementation of (and suggesting further refinements to) the national deposit strategy including achievement of specific business development targets. This will be delivered in close conjunction with the network of Commercial and CSF teams.
- Building a prominent external presence and brand in the marketplace and becoming recognised as a true deposit expert in the defined sector, known and respected by relevant operators and sector professional advisors.
- Understanding the economic environment and keeping up to date with competitor and market data
- Liaising with Liabilities Desk to ensure strategic alignment and clarification of immediate priorities for volume and margin achievement, including receiving pricing approvals for new deals on a bespoke basis.
- Working with the Head of Agri & Commercial, Head of CSF, Medium Business Segment Team, Area Managers in Commercial and Regional Heads of CSF to ensure delivery of the deposit plan.
- Assisting with tactical initiatives in relation to liabilities portfolio optimisation and front book origination.
- Ensure that the strategy is regularly communicated to the frontline and reinforced to achieve plan
- Develop / maintain relationships with key prospects and to personally source new to bank customers.
- Build own portfolio of deposit customers and indirectly support large deposit customers in colleagues’ portfolios.
We need you to have ….
- The ability to develop and practically use expert knowledge of the Banks Liability products specific to Business Banking.
- Aptitude to quickly assimilate, understand and efficiently present information to identify issues, consider then implement solutions;
- Capacity to cope and flex with complex and continually challenging situations;
- Ability to deliver to specific deadlines, working on own initiative;
- Excellent, effective communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal, building instant credibility with stakeholders and customers, and an ability to clearly convey propositions and organisational messages;
- Excellent team player who collaborates to add value and make a difference;
- A broad range of external contacts and connections.
We would like you to have….
- A relevant vocational financial services qualification e.g. Chartered Banker;
- In depth understanding of risk and compliance requirements in line with the role;
- Significant knowledge of deposit products, policy and procedures.
We’ll look after you with…
U Benefits is our reward package that reflects the unique culture that we have here at CYBG. It is an integral part of our commitment to you, recognising the diversity of colleagues and empowering you to make the benefit choices appropriate that are right for you.
- 30 days holiday plus 8 public holidays AND you can buy more
- Private Medical Insurance
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement
- Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
At CYBG, inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong, and our recruitment process reflects this approach.